Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Never thought I'd like a rat

I don't know why I didn't think I'd like this - maybe because I'm not real crazy about rats? - but I had a blast reading Emmy and the Incredible Shrinking Rat by Lynne Jonell.  Emmy Addison seems like a sweet kid, but ever since her parents inherited a bunch of money, they barely pay attention to her, traveling all the time and leaving Emmy in the hands of the creepy nanny, Miss Barmy.  One day Emmy decides to free the class pet, a rat, and soon learns she's able to talk with the obnoxious critter.  Emmy and Rat discover that Miss Barmy had been concocting all sorts of potions that can control the people around Emmy, with hopes of going after Emmy's fortune.  With the help of her friend Joe (who has been shrunk to the size of a Ken doll) and an assortment of rodents with magical powers, they go after the nasty nanny.  Fast-paced and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment